Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moving tiles and Minding the Gap


Sometimes we are the friends who get to stand in the gap for the ones we love and care about. Who get to bring those who just can't, who don't have the strength to keep going back, who doubt, who are tired, weak and and in need, to bring them to the feet of Jesus.

We hear that phrase a lot in the church, I'll stand in "the gap" for you. I've been the one standing in that gap before, for the ones I love. Carrying them at times when walking themselves seemed to be too daunting of a task. But today.. today it was different..

Today I was the one who needed the lifting, the carrying across. Today I was the one in need, and today I was lovingly carried over that gap by people who love me.

Now is not the time for details, but to simply say, be aware. Be "mindful of the gap" so to speak. you never know when you might be the one in need of carrying.

I head to bed tonight thankful for today, thankful for the way the Lord puts the right people in the right place and exactly the right time. I'm thankful for those in my life that are obedient to the voice of the Lord. Thankful that I know I am championed, there is someone(s) in my gap for me. And ever increasingly thankful for the freedom that only the Lord can bring.



Luke 5:18-20
"God had given Jesus the power to heal the sick, and some people came carrying a crippled man on a mat. They tried to take him inside the house and put him in front of Jesus. But because of the crowd, they could not get him to Jesus. So they went up on the roof, where they removed some tiles and let the mat down in the middle of the room. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the crippled man, "My friend, your sins are forgiven."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

this makes my heart happy..that you are being carried. Love you friend.