Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dreams: Dia De Los Muertos.


Sometimes I have the craziest dreams. Seems that they come and go in chains. There will be months when they are many, and vivid, most often strange to say the least.
I try to write them down soon after so I don't forget, so this is the latest....

I was in a tattoo shop, there to get a tattoo.. obvious I 'spose. I had planned to get a small one, flowers, vines, pretty colors, super girly. The tattoo is finished and I look down and I have a FULL SLEEVE! My first thought is I'm so dead. My mom is going to flip out! Were talking FULL sleeve, down to my fingertips. A sleeve and a glove maybe?! ;)
I panic and the tattoo artist tells me that he took some artistic liberties to what he thought I wanted. Didn't think I'd mind. In place of my beautiful flowers he put a Sugar Skull... His response to my panic was "um, well you were sitting right here..."

Random Fact about me: I like tattoos, really like them, but I don't like scary ones. Or anything remotely creepy. I'm hyper sensitive at times to imagery. Like we're talkin' the movie cases for scary movies in blockbuster can haunt my thoughts for weeks. I've often suggested to my sister that they need a "special area" for that crap. Lol.

I was able to wipe off the ink that was on my hands so that now the tattoo ended at my wrist (yes I know that this is not the conventional way a tattoo works).
So I leave, tears streaming, angry, and disturbed by the image now forever on my my arm. Not only is this not what I had in my mind when I went in, it's HUGE!

Things start to get disjointed at this point (as if they aren't already right?!). I walk out and see my mom, waiting for me to meet her for dinner. She stares at my arm and there's a recognition in her face of what the tattoo must mean, and then a panic. 100 questions about what was I thinking? Who did the tattoo? Where was he? Did I know his name? And did I know I'd never get hired for another job with a tattoo like that? (That comment seemed to be the most normal thing about this dream. I hope she reads this. :) ) She goes on to tell me that this image has been all over, that this was his "calling card" some kind of "message" sent. Whoever "he" was.
Somehow at this point I realize that he was the government traitor that has been on the run for the last year. Wanted all over the world. My next thought is "why is he in Redding of all places??"

We turn and run back in the direction of the shop, that's now closed, lights out, no one there. I hear in the background the sound of a train leaving, and then in an instant I'm there at the train station, it's dark and the only thing there is a single rail car...

And that's it. That's where it ended. Well at least where my alarm went off. Strange right?!

Do you have crazy dreams? What are some of them?? Help me feel "normal". LOL.

No comments: