Friday, March 25, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring....

The weather has been nuts to say the least lately. Christmas time we were in the high 60's/70's and sunny, and here in the end of March we're COLD, rainy and some days snowy!!

With no other sound but the rain hitting hard against my window this morning I'm reminded that with the rain, no matter how cold, heavy, or anger inducing wet pant legs might be, there comes with it a promise of new life.  That once the rain ceases there will be an abundance new trees, flowers, grass, warm sun giving life to everything around it. Without the preceding rain, the sun would be come a scorching, death ray!! (ok, in Redding it still feels that way at times..)

Anyhow, this morning started with jolt and an off kilter feeling, but as I reflect on the rain I am oddly encouraged by the promise it brings underneath its cloud. I guess the trick is, you have to want to see it. I'm incredibly thankful that for today, I do.

No comments: