Monday, August 17, 2009

So many, yet so few...

In talking with a friend last night I was struck yet again by how many amazing, passionate, fire-filled women and I know, and how few men there are that match them... Why is this? Are we hanging out in the wrong places?
I should probably stop there first though and acknowledge that I do know some great men, a small handful that are teaching me about what a man who loves and walks with Jesus looks like. Little do they know that I am taking notes as I witness how they walk though life, and will be indebted to them for the lessons they teach me (someday I will need to thank each one of them)... they have each been such an encouragement to my life, to my heart that they do exist, out there somewhere each of these incredible women I know will be found by her elusive equally amazing counterpart.
I guess, its just that I want to encourage all of my girls that have expressed frustration in the waiting, to those that have bought in to lies that they aren't worthy... I want to encourage you all that you ARE. You are priceless gems that are prizes to be won and you will be cherished beyond measure just as you should. So don't settle... Hold out. Believe me I know that the waiting suuuuucks... but you're not alone, and it will all come in good time.
Blessings and peace to each of you and your deeply loving hearts.

No comments: